Thursday, May 13, 2010

In loving memory of...


"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever."

This was the Psalm I read to you before my friend and I left your room on Tuesday. My last words to you was: "Goodbye, I'll come visit you again tomorrow."... and that was my last goodbye to you, ever. I really wish you waited for us on Wednesday so we can hold your hand and say goodbye to you. I wish I obeyed and respested you more and listened to your words when I was younger. I wish I was able to finish reading the book of Mark to you before you left. I wish you waited for my convocation so you can celebrate with me once again. I wish I had the opportunity to spend more time with you, but I am really glad you waited for me to come back from camp to spend the last few days with you before you left.

It's hard to not blame myself...especially with the fact that everything just happened so quickly and unexpected, just like shooting stars. A close friend reminded me the morning when you left to treasure the little things that I did with you, even if it was just reading scripture to you in your room. I really enjoyed reading parts of the book of Mark to you, and I hope you enjoyed hearing it too, even though my Chinese might not be that great.

It's only been two days since you left and reality is beginning to sink in. It's odd not following the regular routine visiting and feeding you and it's been hard to accept that fact that the Lord took you away. But despite all this, I know you must be very happy to be up in heaven, reunited with grandpa and sitting at God's right hand - watching over us.

Rest in peace, grandma. We really miss you and you'll be forever remembered in our hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment